In 1987 when PowerPoint was nothing more than a twinkle in Dennis Austin’s eye, it was actually being developed for Macintosh under the name Presenter. Fortunately for Bill Gates, the company that was developing Presenter was purchased by Microsoft and officially launched in May of 1990.
Today, PowerPoint is a tool used for a wide range of tasks: Giving presentations, training seminars, design, or sharing ideas via the internet. At its core, PowerPoint is about communication, and the thing about communication is that with more than 6,000 languages in the world, there’s another tool businesses need in order to maximize their reach.
That’s where Lionbridge comes in. Whether you’re gearing up to open a new office across the globe or are just looking to virtually share ideas across cultures, Lionbridge onDemand can have your presentation translated and ready in just 3 days time.
How does it Work?
At Lionbridge Technologies, we take translation seriously. Our network of more than 22,000 linguists are required to have at least two years of translation experience prior to employment. Translators are native speakers of the target language and are specialized by industry, allowing the preservation of your voice and message, no matter the language.
Because there are so many professionals in this network, scattered across the worlds time zones, Lionbridge is able to guarantee that no matter the time, someone is available to assist you with your project needs
With the OnDemand Portal, this process has been streamlined to four simple steps that save you both time and money, cutting the middleman out of the process.
- From the home page, select “PowerPoint Slides” from the “Document” tab
- Under the “Process” tab, select “Upload Your Content”
- When prompted, locate your file in your hard drive and upload it to the website
- The Portal will then ask to select the source language of the document, and the target language for translation (Choose as many or as few as you would like)
- Once the document has been uploaded to the portal, you will be provided with an instant quote, approximating the cost of translating the uploaded document
- After reviewing and submitting your order, sit back and relax. You will be notified upon completion of your document, usually within 3 days of submission.
What’s in it for me?
Often, Language Service Providers utilize machine translation, which are unable to account for differences in syntactical structure between languages, or industry-specific jargon. Because Lionbridge employs human translators instead of relying on computer software, the context and nuances of your message will be clearly communicated.
The simplicity of the Portal allows you to get back to the more important things on your To Do List in less time; and you can rest your mind at ease knowing that your content will be ready when you need it, without compromising on quality.
The instant-quoting system means you have time to browse a little more – leading you back to the Portal to finalize your project upon realizing that Lionbridge offers the most value for your dollar of any translation service provider around – All while keeping to your deadline!