The millennial generation has transformed the job force with their smart, tech savvy and adaptive characteristics. This Gen Y crew grew up in the Digital Age and embraces an entrepreneurial spirit when chasing down careers that offer them meaning beyond collecting a paycheck. These people born between 1980s and 2000s feel that their work should matter. Therefore, recruiting millennials requires enhancing the candidate's[ experience and communicating effectively.
5 Tips for recruiting:
1. Personalize your employer brand: The entire concept of transparency and insight attracts Millennials. Demonstrate these qualities by branding your career page, sharing team pictures, and offering information that provides a glimpse into life at your company. Also interviewing digitally shows that your company is digitally mature which peaks the interest of Millennials.
2. Live and breathe your brand: The number one thing is to make sure that your employer brand matches up with your talent brand. Millennials like seeing that employees are having a good experience and enjoy where they are working.
3. Get social: To engage right away in a meaningful manner to Millennials, recruit them with social media postings. They are constantly consuming information on a daily basis. Overall, they desire authenticity and engagement when it comes to choosing the right business.
4. Paint a vision of their career path: Millennials enjoy securing their career path from the beginning. If you are recruiting them, be sure to include a vision of how they’ll advance within the company. The more potential paths that are brought to the plate, the more likely they will commit to the offer.
5. Offer training and mentoring opportunities: Training and development is very important to Millennials. Often they want to be guided and learn in the workplace. Connecting ideas with solutions will retain Millennials for a long period of time.
For more information regarding recruiting the Millennial generation click on the highlighted links!
DO YOU GET OUR MONTHLY NEWSLETTER?
IT'S A FREE ROUNDUP OF TIPS AND INFO ON THE TRANSLATION AND LOCALIZATION INDUSTRY. PLUS BE THE FIRST TO HEAR ABOUT NEWS & UPDATES FROM LIONBRIDGE ONDEMAND!